Webhooks provide an additional channel to import data into your Sift’s computation context. A typical use case of this includes:
- Exporting data from the frontend to the backend, e.g. user settings.
- Creating arbitrary interactions in your Sift that produce data you wish to compute on e.g. read receipts or calendaring interactions.
- Integration with reference data e.g. importing organisation data for backend compute.
- Integrating Red Sift with other messaging mediums.
- Integrating Red Sift with other web services directly or via adaptor services such as IFTTT or Zapier.
For security purposes, Redsift ONLY provides and provisions HTTPS endpoints for created webhooks.